Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Nice Storm Last August




This is the Storm that recently reawakened me to wanting to chase what I like to call big weather. Last August I was in PA and went through several severe storms (each highly enjoyed) but the best was saved for last. As I was waiting to board my flight back to California a huge supercell with a nicely defined shelf cloud rushed at a fairly high speed directly at the terminals. I got out my point and shoot Nikon and quickly started snapping pix (my wife was not impressed with me leaving her and my two daughters behind... heh heh heh). Here are a few of the photos. I completely, in my excited state of mind, forgot that I could also shoot some video with the camera... Doh!




Lastly, I know that chasing is NOT the movie Twister... besides the evil chasers in black made me laugh. It's simple, I love severe weather and I miss the central plains a ton.

No comments: